1561272834105278
Loading...

Gamers Anonymous

Hi, my name is Brandon, and I’m a gamer.

A little bit about me: I’m 25, born and raised in Montreal, Canada, and have recently graduated. I have many hobbies, but for this blog I’ll concentrate on games.

I've never considered myself a casual nor hardcore gamer: I follow gaming news quite a bit, and love reading about and watching new games, be it indie or mainstream. On the other hand, I don’t play through too many games, and usually play them on normal. I have a backlog of at least 30 games that were never truly played, so most of them collect dust (I guess I like to collect).

I just recently beat Pokemon X, which oddly enough, I’ve put 80 hours into. I’m on a huge nostalgia kick, because I’m also wasting time on Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 and Age of Empires II HD. I also have Zelda: A Link Between Worlds lined up.



I first played Pokemon when Pokemon Red/Blue came out. I didn’t even own a GameBoy, so I borrowed my friends GameBoy Pocket and he was nice enough to let me erase his file so I could play the game all the way through. I must’ve gone through a ton of AAA batteries. Besides Pokemon Red, I never played through and beat another game in the series until X. Post game and I’m still having a ton of fun with it. I’m not someone who cares much about EV/IV training or playing for competition, but I love the trading system itself. Currently I’m just breeding and trading for other starters from the past few games.

As for Zelda – same story. I only played through Ocarina of Time in full. All other games in the Zelda franchise seem great, but I half-assed tried playing them and never took much interest.

As for Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, I don’t remember winning all of the maps, but I loved drowning people! Anyway, I started playing it because I saw PeanutButterGamer play through it and it brought back good memories.  They should totally do a HD remake. Redo all the textures and add new maps, pretty simple. I would gladly fork over $20 for those minor improvements.

Speaking of HD remakes, Age of Empires II HD isn’t all that good. It doesn’t feel like much of an upgrade, but then again I don’t really remember. All I remember was that I was playing the free demo that came on my Windows 98 (second edition of course, i.e. the best version of Windows ever) when I was 12. I remember being absolutely horrible at it. Back on topic, I don’t feel like any textures were really upgraded, but rather upscaled and given widescreen support. I only paid $5 for it so I guess I can’t really complain. So far I’ve played about 5 hours of just random single-player maps, and it’s already paid for itself, in fun.

That totally reminds me: Red Alert 2 was amazing. I should totally play that next so that I can brush up on my Russian accent.
Pokemon 8812066211175193391

Post a Comment Default Comments

emo-but-icon

Home item

ADS

Popular Posts

Random Posts