1561272834105278
Loading...

Remote Play and Dragon Age: Inquisition


I recently purchased a PS4, under the pretense that I wanted to play Dragon Age: Inquisition. I mean sure, I want to play DA: I. Adam’s recent exploration of the game, and relative praise were reason enough for me to commit myself to another RPG. And sure, I really enjoy the DA series in general. But why I really wanted a PS4 was so I could test out the Vita’s Remote Play feature.


I’ve written previously about how dearly I cherish my Vita. In a lot of ways, I feel the product is a better representation of what Sony was aiming for when they first attempted to enter the portable console market with the PSP. Between the enhanced graphics, the removal of the UMD drive, the addition of two analog sticks, the gorgeous OLED screen and the much improved interface, the Vita is a beaut on so many levels that I weep whenever I think about its feeble and forgotten presence in the US console market.

Much like the PSP, the Vita is largely ignored by Sony. Even the PlayStation TV has come and gone so quickly, that any hype the product initially had has perished. Unlike its predecessor however, I feel the Vita could competently co-exist alongside the 3DS, 2DS, New 3DS, New New 3DS, and any inoperable Wii U’s that people end up purchasing because they think that they are 3DS’. Besides its aforementioned strengths, the Vita also allows players to remotely play their PS4 games.


Now why is Remote Play an important selling point? Honestly, I don’t know. Remote Play can theoretically allow you to play PS4 games wirelessly using two separate internet connections. And sure, the idea of sipping on a $5 coffee while playing DA: I is rad. But from what I’ve read, the feature is best experienced while your Vita and PS4 connect directly through the latter’s network. In doing this, I’ve experienced very little lag. Also, the only time the connection is affected is when my girlfriend decides she wants to view 400 Pinterest pictures in the span of several seconds.

So now I can (and have) played DA: I while sitting in my bed, pressing my eyes to the Vita’s comparatively micro screen while my loud PS4 hums several feet away from me. My PS4’s coos are safely ignored though, because my irrational love for my Vita is reinforced by yet another one of its outstanding features. If I were you (and solipsism dictates that I am), I would highly consider playing all your PS4 games remotely through your Vita. TVs, in any shape, size and price point, are dead anyways. Soon people will be reverting to 5 inch screens to satisfy all their graphically intense PS4 needs. Might as well beat everyone else to the punch.  
Role-Player 8777328706245757847

Post a Comment Default Comments

emo-but-icon

Home item

ADS

Popular Posts

Random Posts