1561272834105278
Loading...

Just Playing Some PS7

Having bought a PS4 a month ago has given me some buyer’s remorse, not because of the console itself, but the lack of games so far. I saw it coming, yet I still bit the bullet and bought the console early. So far, I’ve only played 5 games, which have been more or less great (inFamous, Tomb Raider, Thief, Resogun and Mercenary Kings), but I still see myself going back to some great last gen games. Don’t get me wrong, I can’t wait for the games to start rolling out on the next gen consoles, but as of right now, there are simply better, new games rolling out on the older consoles.

Why not both?

For instance, Dark Souls 2 was just released recently, and people seem to be enjoying it immensely.  A friend of mine is so vocally ecstatic over this game that it makes me think I should give the Souls series a second chance. I have, unfortunately, given up after playing Demon’s Souls for about 10 hours, primarily because of its difficulty level, but the challenge was fun. Moreover, the satisfaction of defeating enemies in this series was its selling point, but long story short: I just wish there was a PS4 port. I don’t think there’ll be anything of the sort. Now, before you retort,


Child of Light was recently released on every platform under the sun. It flew under my radar (did anyone else hear of this game before its release?) and is receiving universal acclaim. The game is about 12 hours from what I hear, which seems to be great value, and I’m certainly yearning to play another RPG. My last RPG was Ni No Kuni and as such, I welcome this game with open arms (she’s definitely a looker too…the game that is).

Sure, there’s a few great downloadable titles on PS4 – Resogun is fun and all, but it feels less intense in comparison to Super Stardust HD. Mercenary Kings was charming when I played couch co-op with Adam, but I don’t see myself playing much more if I’m alone at home. Octodad: Dadliest Catch is a quirky title for PC/Mac/Linux and PS4, in which you are an octopus pretending to be a man. You also have a human family, and nobody seems to suspect you aren’t a human. It’s funny but this game really isn’t that long, and for me, the novelty would probably wear off quickly.

The one thing in common with these games: they’re all relatively short indie titles.   This is fine and all, but I’m really waiting for the meatier, longer, bigger showings.

The Last of Us Remastered is due to come out later this year, but I’m not willing to shell out another $70 on a game I've already played. Hopefully they offer some sort of discount for people who already own the PS3 version.

From Software (developers of the Souls series) is rumored to be working on a new title for the next gen consoles.  Whatever the game is, it’s probably going to be better than a PS4 port of Dark Souls 2. I’ll probably end up buying both anyway.

Call of Duty yada yada yada. Advanced Warfare blah blah blah. Kevin Spacey. To be honest, I haven’t played a CoD game since Black Ops, so I might give this one a shot when it arrives on PS4. However, I highly doubt it will be any better than the PS3/Xbox 360 versions.


Same thing applies to Watch Dogs. But seriously, if I wanted to watch dogs, I’ll just go to the dog park. And why does the cover art have a masked man with a gun? What kind of dog watcher is he?

Is it worth buying a PS4 right now? Probably not. The console is a great update from the PS3, but the lack of PS4 offerings has forced me to turn my PS3 on more than my PS4.  It’s only normal since it’s just the beginning of the product’s life cycle, and I guess I’m one of the early adopters.

Maybe it’s just that the PS3 is a familiar face, in which I was used to turning it on and pushing its buttons. She’s been with me since 2008, so it’s hard to let her go. PS4 is new to me. She’s faster, sleeker, and I guess this all makes me nervous. Sure, she has the same buttons as the PS3, but I don’t know what order to push them in. I’m sure I’ll get the hang of it soon.
Ps4 2153414856320234479

Post a Comment Default Comments

  1. No Reason to get a next gen system yet not until killer next gen games are out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Infamous is pretty awesome man, but yes you can wait for it. If The Order: 1886 receives good reviews, I see that as being the first true Next Gen game, at least in terms of visual appeal.

    ReplyDelete

emo-but-icon

Home item

ADS

Popular Posts

Random Posts