1561272834105278
Loading...

It's Fate...err Destiny


I’m not sure how many people got into the Alpha for Destiny but I would like to share my first impressions so far. FYI: I have not paid attention to this game prior to the alpha, and I also suck at First Person Shooters.

That being said, I’ve played a small portion of the game’s campaign, which lets you choose between 3 classes: Titan, Hunter and Warlock. From what I can tell, Titan is your regular jack-of-all-trades kinda guy, Hunter is more of a sniper and Warlock places emphasis on magic.

I chose Warlock, since it reminded me of Mass Effect and how I’d rather have an extra weapon at hand (like biotic powers). So far, I’ve enjoyed this class and the gun selection seems pretty good.


Now I haven’t added much in terms of upgrades to my character, but there’s a decent amount of customization for your character’s face and whatnot (not like it really matters though). Moreover, you can purchase new upgrades with “Glimmer”—the in-game currency. You get this by completing missions in the campaign or in multiplayer.

Dr. Manhattan?

My campaign experience so far has been limited. I played the first 2 missions and then moved on to multiplayer.



I played some “Capture the Flag” and luckily, my team won. The lobby system is nice and quick, reminiscent of all Call of Duty games, which is a good thing. Like the Halo franchise, Bungie has included vehicles to speed transport up. I find this helpful in single player more so than multiplayer, but nonetheless, well done.


So far, Destiny seems to be great fun, especially in its Alpha release. I found no bugs, but then again I haven’t played all that much. It’s got some good FPS qualities and a big fanbase for a new IP, so I can definitely see some staying power in this game. I myself am rusty at First Person Shooters, but I may pick this one up given my positive experience so far.
Shooter 3495161536814012901

Post a Comment Default Comments

emo-but-icon

Home item

ADS

Popular Posts

Random Posts