1561272834105278
Loading...

Definitely Definitive

I mentioned a while back that remastering last-gen games on newer consoles would be a thing, and lo-and-behold, they’re coming out en masse. Frankly, it’s something I can embrace because most of these games are remastered in 1080p and the better hardware allows for a generally better experience. To top it off, most of these games are ones that I didn’t give any attention to in the first place, so it’s all new to me.

With that being said, I’m a total sucker for these types of games.

DmC: Definitive Edition



Honestly, I don’t know what’s new in this definitive edition besides it being 1080p, 60 frames per second, and some balancing fixes. I don’t care. I missed out on the opportunity to play it ages ago so I’d love to give this one a go. In fact, I’ve pretty much ignored the whole series, safe for the first game. It’s reasonably priced at $40 and developed by Ninja Theory, whom I love for their use of vibrant color choices. It’s a no-brainer for me here, it’s gonna be a day one purchase.

Saints Row 4: Re-Elected

Uh…don’t know what’s going on here but Robo-Dinosaurs are cool.
This game’s already out, so I don’t know what I’m waiting for. I’ve played a bit of Saints Row: The Third but I stayed away from Saints Row 4 because people told me it’s basically Saints Row: The Third with cheat codes enabled. For some, that may be enough to justify the price point, but for me it wasn’t. Right now, Re-Elected is priced at $50 which isn’t enough to justify the purchase yet. I’ll wait for a $30 price point.

Bordlerlands: The Handsome Collection



I’m sorry that I’ve really ignored this series after pretty much every friend at the podcast told me to play it. I even purchased Borderlands 2 but never played it, making 3 attempts to do so but failing. I won’t make the same mistake again with The Handsome Collection anymore, and this will be another day one purchase regardless of price.

Metro Redux



This one’s been out for ages now, and yet again I have not picked it up. Fear not, the only reason is because I’m waiting for a disgusting price drop, something like $20. The game is really 2 games in one, which is great value, but the style and atmosphere isn’t my cup of tea. It manages to paint a great post-apocalyptic picture and plays like a survival-horror game, but this isn’t what I’m looking for at the moment.

Dark Souls 2


Overall, I’d give DmC, Borderlands and Dark Souls 2 a shot when they come out. As for Saints Row 4 and Metro Redux, I’ll probably end up waiting for a remaster of the remaster: a 4K resolution game on my PS5 that plays on a vinyl record.
Remake 4648538365372952422

Post a Comment Default Comments

emo-but-icon

Home item

ADS

Popular Posts

Random Posts