1561272834105278
Loading...

Spammed To Death


A little debate has been going around the internet recently about fighting games and spamming. I've always been a huge fighting game fan; and while I haven't been as into the scene as I used to be, I remember always getting annoyed when people used cheap tactics—whether that be cornering someone or spamming the same move constantly. As annoyed as I am, the point of any game is to win: And if being cheap is how you need to do it, well that's your prerogative. My only question to people who use this logic though, is why bother?

The question in point is one of the new characters in Mortal Kombat X, Briggs, and this video. As you'll see, people have apparently been going online and spamming this one move, along with a couple of others for zoning purposes, to try and finish off their opponents with ease.


Pretty annoying right? Gotta give him some credit for sticking to his guns for so long though (no pun intended). I won't lie, that video gets a little hard to watch after a while and I was actually a little happy when Kung Jin laid the smack down on that bitch.

My main concern with this strategy isn't with the strategy itself. If you're good enough at the game, you should be able to overcome whatever the other person throws at you, ridiculously stupid or not. If you can't cut it, then get mad at yourself for sucking so hard and not mad at the other person for being annoying. That said, I just can't grasp in my mind what would compel someone to do resort to spamming. It might work sometimes, but how is it fun?

For all I know, maybe the player in the video is just a huge troll and likes doing this once in a while. I can sort of understand that, as much as I dislike it. On the other hand, this player could always be tying to platinum the game and just really sucks; another point I can maybe understand. But instead of wasting your time with this crap, why not just try to get better?


Maybe I'm just giving humanity too much credit, but I refuse to believe that someone that is just bad at the game would resort to this. I would rather believe someone is spamming because he's just trying to be an annoying douche. As far as spamming goes though, this really isn't that bad. Sure it's annoying as all hell, but you can see how it is easily countered in that video. One thing that always got to me more than anything was someone that spammed throws...Now that is annoying!
Slider 1658008967263383841

Post a Comment Default Comments

emo-but-icon

Home item

ADS

Popular Posts

Random Posts