1561272834105278
Loading...

Dragon Age Is Not My Age

Sean talked about Dragon Age: Inquisition this week, and while he hasn't played too much of it yet, I'm sure he'll enjoy it more than me. That's not saying I didn't enjoy my time with the game—I did—but it's just not for me.

I Am He-Man
DA: I feels like an MMO, which I don't mind in the slightest. Running around doing side quests is fun and reminds me of all the time I spent playing Skyrim. But there is A LOT of side quests—maybe too many even. What you have to remember while playing Dragon Age is to just continue. You don't have to beat every single quest in a single area. Just go; you'll thank me.

The combat is fun: It's simple enough that you can just move straight through with most fights. Not all fights are simple though, but with those ones you can stop, look around, and take your time with it. Normally I would approach every fight the same way until I died. If I did die, I would then take my time to understand why, attack the appropriate people strategically and then continue.

Fighting a dragon was not that easy
I finally got to one of those WTF moments when a fight was just so stupid hard that I almost felt like not playing anymore. Albeit I may have brought it on myself a little, but that wasn't for a lack of trying…and these two points actually fall into each other. The War Table is a giant mess of shit. I'm not 100% sure what the hell they were thinking when they finalized and tested the design, but there has to be a better way for things to be more clear. Have a look:

And that's only half the map
There are just so many god damn things on there, right? Now how does this tie into fucking myself into a hard fight you ask? Well you get to this point where you have to take out one of the main antagonist's main men, Samson. Now this guy has some badass armour, which you can do a quest, provided by one of your many advisors, to help weaken it, thus making the ensuing fight with him during a story mission much easier. Now I got pretty far in that quest, but it got to a point where I had to find something on that shite War Table. I looked around, found nothing and figured maybe I needed to continue the main quest for it to pop up... Well that assumption was incorrect and it led me to one hell of a hard fight that pretty much took most of my steam away for this game.

Definitely some very nice vistas
I've come to the realization that I am just not that into high fantasy. I couldn't care less about the Lord of the Rings franchise, and while I love all kinds of medieval stuff, once you start throwing in Elves and magic, I seem to just become apathetic towards it. Not hate, just not caring. On the other hand I love sci-fi and the one good thing Dragon Age did for me was lust me to play some Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, which I am eternally grateful to it for. Truth be told, I've never actually gotten off Taris before... that is until now! For those who do know understand, Taris is the starting area in KOTOR. More on that story as it develops.

P.S. I will eventually beat Dragon Age: Inquisition. I'm around 35-40 hours in and I can taste the end, I just needed something in between to mix it up a bit.
Role-Player 9092763366067138808

Post a Comment Default Comments

emo-but-icon

Home item

ADS

Popular Posts

Random Posts