1561272834105278
Loading...

Game Awards + Playstation Experience = Trailers All Day


This past weekend saw a bunch of new trailers and game announcements during the Game Awards, as well as an event Sony held that they called: The Eighth Wonder of the World The Playstation Experience. There was some cool stuff shown throughout the weekend. And without further adieu, here are my favorites.

The Legend Of Zelda

This isn't really a new trailer or an announcement, but Nintendo did show off some gameplay for their new Legend of Zelda game for the Wii U. And might I say that it does look pretty awesome.



Honestly they didn't show off a whole lot other than the sheer massive size of the map along with a rather interesting and welcomed design choice. Of course I'm talking about the horse essentially running on auto pilot. That right there is amazing and I have no clue why it doesn't show up in more games. I can't even count how many times I have to drive a car in a game and then try to gun someone down at the same time... only to crash because the controls just don't let me do this easily. I don't say this often, but, thank you Nintendo.

The Order: 1886

Not actually shown at the Playstation event but at the GAs was a new trailer for The Order: 1886.



They were commandeering a freaking airship... A ZEPPELIN MAN!!! Who the hell doesn't want to do that? I just wish such airships were still in circulation today. Aside from this new setting, there isn't a whole lot new here. Graphics are still amazing: the animations are fluid, life like, along with that hair—the backdrops are stunning as well. One thing I will say though, and it's something I've noticed since the first few trailers: the gun play looks like total shit. I don't know why, but it just feels sort of flat. I may be totally off base with this feeling and when I actually get around to playing the game it may be a different story. Who knows; I hope I'm wrong.

Bloodborne

The new trailer for Bloodborne shows off the multiplayer present in the game. It's also ridiculously gory... like it's Kill Bill Vol. 1 up in this bitch!



I'm a little sad that the gameplay looks exactly the same in Bloodborne as it does in every other Dark/Demon Souls game, but when you have a winning formula, why change, right? In any case, I think I actually prefer the change in scenery. The Victorian area they chose to replace the medieval one is gorgeous. The architecture, the clothing, even the monstrosities you fight are all just superb looking.

Metal Gear Solid 5

Speaking of multiplayer, Konami showed off a new trailer for the online portion of Metal Gear Solid 5.



I'm all for this: Co-op Metal Gear? Why not! The one thing I'm curious about is if Metal Gear Online will make an appearance again. Sean and I fiended MGO when it was released alongside MGS4 way back when. Just solid, team based competitive multiplayer.

Street Fighter V

This one was out of the blue for me. I honestly didn't expect a new Street Fighter any time soon for some reason, and a Playstation console exclusive no less! Don't hear about many of those nowadays.



If I'm going to critique this, I would have to say I'm pretty disappointed with the graphics. They are still stylized, which I'm ok with, but unless I grossly misremember what the 4th SF looks like, this just does not look like a big leap. The special effects on the other hand do look amazing. All the particles that went with the special moves were really poured on. Is that the only big improvement we are to expect in this generation though?

Uncharted 4

Last up, but definitely not least, we have Uncharted 4: A Thief's End.



From the original trailer we saw back at E3, the graphics are still amazing. Lots of vegetation that actually comes into play à la Assassin's Creed style. The combat area was a lot more vertical as well. The player was always on the move, up and down, back and forth using the level to help him fight his enemies. It looked big. And by far the coolest thing for me was that grappling hook lasso thingy he had. Swinging around just looks fun!

There were of course a lot of other games and trailers making appearances over the last few days. Square Enix trolled everyone with a Final Fantasy VII announcement. Keeping with the old-school JRPG news, Konami is making Suikoden 2 available on the PS3 and Vita finally. David Jaffe (of Twisted Metal and God of War fame) even made an appearance with a new IP called Drawn to Death.

So what is it that you think I missed that deserves some attention? Let me know in the comments.
Videos 4920616986498064914

Post a Comment Default Comments

  1. Sounds like The Order can go either way. It's QTE melee system seems interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never minded QTE, they are cool as long as it doesn't happen like in Uncharted. If you're going to put them in a game, use them more than just 3 times or else the player just isn't looking / paying attention for them.

      Delete

emo-but-icon

Home item

ADS

Popular Posts

Random Posts