1561272834105278
Loading...

No Longer A Clashoholic‏

Just like Adam did with Ogame, I can finally say I quit Clash of Clans. It was a long, arduous journey, but I finally made it, and now I'm clean.

Basically the game got way too boring. I've been playing this game to kill time on my breaks at work, at home, etc. But a few things started to click and point me in favor of ditching the game.


You tap buttons.

I mean seriously, you tap buttons. Yay, an upgrade. Oh wow, I have enough gold to buy a better base. Great. Let me tap some more buttons. The combat added some strategy but in all honesty I actually avoided combat in favor of just tapping buttons and gathering resources—resources which in turn got robbed by attackers. Fine, maybe I wasn’t playing the game the way it’s meant to be played, but give me the option to play how I want to play. In the end, I’m still a customer that could potentially funnel the developer some cash.


I wasn't progressing much.

Every day or so I'd be able to upgrade parts of my base, but at a certain point it gets frustrating with the game basically demanding you to play it more actively. I've played sessions where I attacked players for about an hour, to gather up resources for upgrades, but the end result of that grind (if I can call it that) was nearly fruitless. What started out as an addictive casual game ended up being a nuisance. Clash of Clans always notifies you when your upgrades are complete or if you’ve been attacked, which prompts the user to play again. This tactic used to work on me, but not anymore. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me 900 times, shame on me.


No one else is playing it.

Okay, I don’t mean absolutely nobody is playing it, rather none of the actual friends I have play it anymore. Except for Melvin. Good luck Melvin.

This all stems from the amazing time I had with Destiny, especially playing co-op with friends. I guess it harkens back to a time when we would sit together in the same room and spend hours playing some co-op or multiplayer game.


So I quit.

I had come to the realization that it’s not worth the time anymore. It’s been a good few days since I’ve uninstalled the game. No regrets. I was truly bored and I don’t ever see myself going back to it.

My name is Brandon, and I was a Clanoholic.
Rant 6836638495813248283

Post a Comment Default Comments

  1. I'm curious to hear what other mobile games have stolen your attention away from Clash.

    ReplyDelete

emo-but-icon

Home item

ADS

Popular Posts

Random Posts