1561272834105278
Loading...

No Pain, nOgame


I recently returned to playing this game called Ogame, which is a massively-multiplayer online browser based game—meaning all you need is the internet to play it—and it's all based in space. Being an online game, some people can be really annoying and I'll get into that in a moment. I originally played Ogame 7-8 years ago for about a year or two. I had a fairly substantial grouping of colonized planets all in one star system and my home planet had a pretty hefty defence... Then some jerk-off sent an armada at me, destroyed quite a bit of my base and I lost interest. Fast forward to now and I felt like having a time sink. I will note however that this isn't the first time I've tried to start playing this game again.

Basically everyone starts off with a single planet and you must construct mines and such to build up resources so you can improve your technology. Eventually you can colonize other planets and attack people. Think of many free-to-play cell phone games and you've got the right idea for how Ogame plays.

Game screen, click to enlarge

As I had stated before, online players can be incredibly irritating sometimes. The game is built around everybody living together, so there is bound to be some combat between players. A large portion of players that build up fast tend to farm resources off other players. The more moral of these thieves tend to go after players that are inactive, but since I joined a new server, no one is really inactive yet.

It was bound to happen: I was attacked, which I have no inherent problem with. I saw it in time (sensors FTW), and I spent all my resources so when his cargo ships got to my planet, he would pilfer nothing. Among some of the things I built to relieve myself of my resources were some rocket launchers, which are the weakest defences you can build. You would think this would be the end of it; he would see I'm actually playing, not taking his crap and instead of wasting time, he would farm a weaker target. But no I get this message instead:
Wrong move
message saying you were online = we both save time and I'll stop farming you
building missiles and trying to kill my cargos = I'll have to come back with fighters

Have a good game ;)
         
Heremor  

He's trying to steal from me and has the gall to talk to me about etiquette? I don't know, maybe I'm just being pissy, but if he wants to "farm" resources off players, that is a risk he is willing to take. I owe him nothing; if he sends out an attacking fleet, he should be scanning the target constantly to see if anything has changed. At least that's what I do when I attack someone.

Sorry, I'm not sorry. 
Strategy 3724279304124505230

Post a Comment Default Comments

emo-but-icon

Home item

ADS

Popular Posts

Random Posts