1561272834105278
Loading...

OSUUUUUU!

Hey, my name is Campeau, and I'm an alcoholic... Oh wait wrong website, I'm a gamer.

I figure I should intro myself as the other guys on the site have. I'm 23 heavily bearded and have been gaming since my parents put a genesis controller in my hands so they could do whatever people did before we had the internet.



This week I figured I'd tell you guys about OSU! and why you should be playing it. Osu is a rhythm game from the far off and ancient land of Japan and, I mean, it would have to be with gameplay like this.



                                    And yes a living, breathing, human being did that.

So that APM(Actions Per Minute) wet dream is Osu and it's addictive as hell. So a bit of back-story: I got into rhythm games back during the heyday of Guitar Hero and Rock Band. Eventually I also played Elite Beat Agents, which was my gateway into the beatmap gaming genre. Now that you know a little about where I'm coming from let me tell you how the game works. Osu uses three different elements:"hit" circles, sliders and spinners. You interact with each of them differently and overall the mechanics aren't overly difficult, it's the pace and speed of the song that really affects the difficulty. One of Osu's benefits is that it's an open source game, so any and every song you can imagine is out there for you to play. There's really no end to what you can do with the game. Also there are other game modes tacked on and each bring a unique change to the game and its gameplay. Most of these modes have gameplay similar to guitar hero or are a piano/drum simulator.

One of the draws of Osu is the variety of peripherals you can use to play it. Traditionally it's played with a mouse or keyboard but, through modding and other means, you can use an ipad or similar tablet or even a graphics tablet (which I don't recommend). I do however recommend playing it with a mouse, if you're any kind of PC gamer it's definitely something you should play. It's amazingly useful for hand eye coordination and reflexes; I've even heard a lot of Starcraft 2 and League of Legends players play it in their off time to speed up their reaction time. So not only is it crazy fun and addictive but it actually makes you a better gamer overall. There are a few downsides though; the game does have a pretty steep learning curve, which can be frustrating at times but overall once you get the hang off things you'll be having fun in no time. I've logged way more hours in it than I can count and turned a bunch of friends onto it as well. In summation the game is free and there's really no reason you shouldn't give it a try, I mean are you too good for free?
Music 3341071397062662547

Post a Comment Default Comments

emo-but-icon

Home item

ADS

Popular Posts

Random Posts