1561272834105278
Loading...

Walking Dead: Season 1

Since Halloween is around the corner, I’d like to say that if you haven’t played The Walking Dead: Season 1, you should stop what you’re doing now and play it immediately. Seriously, don’t read past this sentence.

I never played said game until last week since it just got released on PS4. And boy do I feel like an idiot for waiting this long. Regardless, I’m nearly done Episode 4 and I can safely say that the game gets better and better the more you play through it.

The driving force is the dialogue, and I treat The Walking Dead: Season 1 more like an interactive graphic novel than a game. It’s basically a point and click adventure game. Besides this, you’re also forced to answer questions with limited time, and this affects other characters’ responses. I believe the end result in the story is the same, but the dialogue itself makes the journey with the cast worth it.


In the end, you make choices and I often found myself thinking if I truly made the right choice. I don’t think I can name another game that had me stop and think about my actions. Maybe BioShock? Even then, BioShock gave more of a “Good vs. Evil” vibe; The Walking Dead on the other hand isn’t as black and white. You often think you made the right choice, but the reactions from other characters aren’t what you expect. Some characters like getting sort of lied to, while others like a direct or brash approach.


In the end, you learn how to speak to these characters. I know many gamers that feel like they made mistakes with their decisions and restart at the previous checkpoint. I’ve been very tempted to do the same several times already, but so far I’ve avoided second guessing myself. What’s great is talking to other gamers about their decisions and their logic behind it.

If you haven’t played The Walking Dead: Season 1, I urge you to spend the couple of dollars for a truly great experience. It’s more than a game and that’s for sure.
Horror 4093023457004027038

Post a Comment Default Comments

emo-but-icon

Home item

ADS

Popular Posts

Random Posts