1561272834105278
Loading...

My Most Anticipated PS4 Games This Fall

The upcoming holiday season seemed to have a ton of high profile games to be released. I was super hyped for The Order 1886 because of its exclusivity and phenomenal graphics. I had similar interest in Batman: Arkham Knight and The Witcher 3, but all 3 games have since been delayed until 2015. 

You might be asking yourself what even remains? Well fortunately there is still a plethora of games on my radar! These are my top 5 most anticipated games for the 2014 holiday season:

5. Assassin's Creed Unity

Some of you may be surprised that this game has made my list, mainly due to the fact that I never really sunk much time into any of the other games in the series...at least that is until AC Black Flag came out. Hailed as one of the best AC games, it's hard not to like Black Flag—especially for me since I have an unconditional love for pirates.


Unity is set during the French Revolution, and along with having its usual single-player affair, it will also include co-op for up to 4 players. Not every mission will be accessible through multiplayer, but a good amount of them should be. The combat system is also supposed to have been reworked a bit, taking a larger influence from fencing (which is cool because I used to fence). But who are they kidding: how much does Ubisoft ever really change the combat in AC games?

4. Far Cry 4

God damn it Ubisoft, you and your massive open-world games. I never played Far Cry 3, but damn if Blood Dragon (along with the second Far Cry) weren't amazing. The main reason for me being intrigued by Far Cry 4 is its change in setting. Ubisoft have opted for the Himalayas this time around instead of their usual jungle-themed maps. Because of the newly acquired verticality in the map they have added a grappling hook to the player's repertoire along with re-introducing the squirrel suit; I think this is really going to mess with the gameplay.


On top of this, Ubisoft even announced at E3 this year that Far Cry 4 (at least on the PS4) will incorporate an online 2-player co-op in which one of the users doesn't even need to own the game. I almost feel like this is impossible haha; it certainly is unprecedented—Mario Kart on the 3DS was able to achieve this locally only, not online.

3. Lords of the Fallen

A game many of you might not even know about, Lords of the Fallen creeped in during E3 and is getting shown off a bit more at the San Diego Comic-con, which is taking place as I write this. It's a hard-as-balls action-RPG that sort of looks like a cross between Demon's souls and this obscure PS3 game called Viking: Battle for Asgard. If you look at a video the combat appears to be bit sluggish, but not in a bad way, these are some burley dudes.


Lords of the Fallen is being developed by this German Studio Deck13 interactive. And though they have developed a number of games, I have never heard of any of them. This looks like it might be their biggest endeavor yet, and it does look quite good, so let's hope they can pull it off so we see more from them in the future. The only reason I placed this game higher than both Ubisoft titles is because it's new and interesting. I just hope it lives up to what my opinion of it already is.

2. Guilty Gear Xrd

I have talked about Guilty Gear Xrd many times before so it is no surprise that it is on my list. It's been many years since we received a Guilty Gear game—sure we got BlazBlue, but it just isn't the same—and I for one am glad they are returning to it. My only hope is that it doesn't get delayed till next year. As it stands right now, the game is expected to launch this year on PS3 and PS4 but has yet to receive a concrete release date. Cross your fingers folks!


1. Destiny

What do you get when you mix Borderlands with Halo? You get Destiny. Prior to this moment, I really hadn't put much stock into Destiny. I don't know why. I was never a big Halo fan. The series was fun, don't get me wrong. I just felt like the story was the same rehashed thing over and over again, and unlike the AC series who at least changed the setting up every time, Halo just always appeared the same.


This past week saw the Beta for Destiny open up to all who had the time to play. I didn't get a chance to try it out, but I know Brandon tried the Alpha a little while ago and really enjoyed himself. Because of the Beta there has been so much media coverage for Destiny and all of it looks quite amazing. I can hardly wait the 40 some odd days it will take to release. Not to mention one of my favorite genres is sci-fi and the fact that this game is rooted in our own solar system really helps ground the lore into something I can get behind.

Final Thoughts

So that's my list, adjusted for the delays. I'm sure I made a grave error by omitting your favourite game, so what did I miss? What is your most anticipated game for the holiday season? 
Ps4 8007893688440024068

Post a Comment Default Comments

emo-but-icon

Home item

ADS

Popular Posts

Random Posts