1561272834105278
Loading...

So Much Hype

Destiny releases tomorrow and out of some awesome twist of fate, it would appear as if I have the entire day off. I will note however that I did not go out of my way to plan this, but I think the universe is telling me to blow my entire day playing Destiny.



My anticipation for Destiny is pretty immense and to be honest, I'm not sure I can even remember the last time I was this hyped for a game. I was jonesing pretty hard for the release of the PS4, but that is a large event, can you even compare a console release to a game release anyway? I'm not sure it would be fair.

I think if I go back far enough, I was really excited for the release of Kingdom Hearts 2. I was in love with the first one, and from everything I was hearing off the internet, the second one was going to be so much better. Now this was also way back in the PS2 days and thinking about it, was I ever that excited for any PS3 game? I'm not entirely sure I was. There had to be one game, but easily nowhere near the level of excitement I have currently for Destiny.

Maybe the last console generation just sucked, I don't know. We only got one new numbered Final Fantasy, and other JRPGs generally remained stagnant; we also saw an over abundance of shooters released, some even sequentially like a sports game. Sure BioShock was a great series and Assassin's Creed is pretty fun, lest we forget about Skyrim which was also amazing. Those games, and many more, of the era were great, but they weren't show stoppers. We need more games like the first Halo to release, and heck even when Final Fantasy X hit everyone was going nuts. What happened to that feeling? Where did it go?


Looking back I think I've played more of my PS4 over the last 10 months than I played my PS3 over the last 3-4 years. Part of that might be the fault of indie games on Steam and my growth as a PC gamer, then there was also that ever-infuriating League of Legends game, but I digress...I can't wait for tomorrow, I just want to play Destiny.
Shooter 6328277703747949393

Post a Comment Default Comments

emo-but-icon

Home item

ADS

Popular Posts

Random Posts